Immediate Past President
- Medical Director – Clinica Henson Eye Center and Ear, Nose & Throat Center, Angeles City, Philippines
- Head – Section of Orbit Plastic and Lacrimal Surgery, Jose B. Lingad Memorial Medical Center, San Fernando City, Pampanga, Philippines
- Director, The Lasik Surgery Clinic, Angeles University Foundation Medical Center, Angeles City, Philippines
- Telephone number: +63917-839-1167
- Fax number: +6345-626-1952
Dr. Henson finished his ophthalmology residency at the International Eye Institute, St. Luke’s Medical Center, Quezon City, Philippines. He followed the footsteps of his father, Dr. Ruben G. Henson, Jr., an oculoplastic surgeon and a founding member of the Philippine Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Henson took his fellowship at the St. Francis Medical Center, University of Hawaii, USA under the tutelage of Dr. Jorge Camara. Together with Dr. Camara, they were given the “Annual Research Award” by the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in the year 2000. He did the first laser tear duct surgery in the Philippines in 2000 and the first case of Balloon Dacryoplasty in 2005 at the St. Luke’s Medical Center. He has published numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals and has lectured on oculoplastic procedures locally and internationally. His interests are in lacrimal surgery, eyelid surgery and orbital fractures.
Dr. Henson is an incumbent officer of the Philippine Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive surgery. He is also a founding member and past vice president of the Asia-Pacific Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.